HOW TO IMPLEMENT ARTICLE 110 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS CODE
GETTING IT RIGHT FIRST TIME
What: 1 Day Workshop
When: 8 October 2019
Where: Finnish Ministry of Interior - Kirkkokatu 12, HELSINKI (Meeting room Kruunu)
Entry fee: 300€ (incl VAT, if number available) or 363€ (without VAT number)
This second workshop will build towards a proven, successful approach that takes participants through the process of design to delivery of their own PWS. We offer a total package that shows delegates how to manage the essential combination of technical and non-technical. In the first workshop we explained the structured approach to design assurance. This upcoming workshop will demonstrate:
- the critical steps needed for Ministerial approval in terms of project implementation governance
- legal liabilities
- political risk
- operational performance standards
- options for sustainable funding
The purpose of this workshop series is to help national project teams with advancing the process for design through to delivery of their Public Warning System to achieve full compliance with Article 110 EECC by June 2022. The first one was held on the 16th of May in Brussels. The workshops are based on the experience and learning from leading Australia's equivalent ("Emergency Alert") Public Warning System and focus on the benefits of an outcomes-driven and requirements-led approach against which to evaluate the best available different available technologies. We will explain how to create value for money and a greater return on investment by delivering a single architecture that provides a common platform for multiple operational requirements.
This workshop complements the PSCE White Paper "HOW TO IMPLEMENT ARTICLE 110 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS CODE - GETTING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME".
08:30 Welcome & Registration
1. [9:00] Opening welcome by Marie-Christine Bonnamour (PSCE Secretary General) to explain the agenda and purpose of the workshop [5 minutes]
2. Welcome introduction from a relevant representative of a Finnish public safety authority about their own PWS project [10 to 15 minutes]
3. Update from DG CONNECT (TBC) [30 minutes]
4. Recap on Workshop 1 dedicated to solution design architecture and specification - Michael Hallowes - [30 minutes]
5. [10:30] Refreshment Break - meet the sponsors
6. [11:00] PWS Project Governance - facilitated discussion - Michael Hallowes[20 minutes]
7. Government Policy - issues for Ministerial sign-off on the Design and Implementation of the PWS - facilitated discussion - Michael Hallowes [100 minutes]
8. [13:00] Lunch - meet the sponsors
9. [14:00] Regulation - regulatory issues for all stakeholders - facilitated discussion - Michael Hallowes[45 minutes]
10. Standards - standardisation issues for all stakeholders - facilitated discussion - Michael Hallowes [45 minutes]
11. [15:00] Refreshment Break - meet the sponsors
12. [15:30] Funding Options - review of alternative approaches to raising revenues for the PWS - facilitated discussion - Michael Hallowes [45 minutes]
13. Review and Next Steps - PSCE led discussion on the learning to-date from Workshops 1 and 2, and outline briefing on Workshop 3 - Marie-Christine Bonnamour [30 minutes]
14. [16:45] Close
We advise you to take the metro from Helsinki airport to the Finnish Ministry of Interior. The journey will take you approximately 50 min.
The Scandic Grand Marina hotel is located close to the workshop location. Workshop delegates benefit from a reduced rate by using the code BSUO071019 when booking.
Click here to book your room now. We advise you to make the booking ASAP to secure your room!