IMPRESS and COncORDE invite you to: Decision Support Tools for Effective Health Emergency Management.
A joint workshop organized by the IMPRESS project and the COncORDE project to give a unique insight into the future of emergency response.
Decision Support Tools for Effective Health Emergency Management will be presented and demonstrated live.
The workshop will be collocated with the PSC Europe Forum Conference 2016, which takes place the 23 & 24 November 2016 in the same place.
22 November 2016 Before 12.00 Registration and Poster session 12.00 - 12.20
Workshop opening session
Welcome by the Hellenic Ministry of Health
Greetings from sponsors (EKEPY, EKAB, KEMEA, EENA...)
12.20 - 12.40
12.40 - 13.00
- European Commission (tbd)
- US invited speaker – Mr. T.J. Kennedy, Executive Director of FirstNet, Keynote talk: “Decision Tools for Public Safety Organizations in the USA”
13.00 - 13.45 IMPRESS project
- The IMPRESS project approach to manage health emergencies
- Technical aspects of the IMPRESS universal solution
- Results from the field trial of the IMPRESS 1st prototype at the Civil Protection Exercise in Palermo, Italy
- Early Results from the Montenegro-Athens field trial
13.45 - 14.30 COncORDE project
- The COncORDE patient-centred approach to manage health emergencies
- COncORDE – creative technical solutions, collaboration potential
- Planned tests and trials in context of COncORDE
14.30 - 15.00 Coffee break 15.00 - 16.00 Live demos of systems & components (IMPRESS and COncORDE)
- IMPRESS demonstrations: INCIMAG, INCIMOB, WARSYS
- COncORDE demonstrations: Field applications, Map, Linking Virtual training to COncORDE
Verbal Feedback from stakeholders (open discussion)
Conclusions and wrap up of the Workshop
Impress is developing a consolidated concept of operations, to effectively manage medical resources, prepare and coordinate response activities, supported by a Decision Support System, using data from multiple heterogeneous sources. It will assist health services in becoming more proactive, better prepared and interoperable with other emergency response organizations.
For more information about the IMPRESS project, please visit the website.
At present, no single region-wide Emergency Medical System model exists for EU Member States.
COncORDE aims to provide a tool that can be used in all member states, irrespective of their local differences, to achieve an EU wide impact in improving coordination of emergency medical response.
A web-based platform will be developed to support and enhance the existing decision processes during medical emergencies at local, regional and cross-border level, from small incidents to large scale emergency situations.
For more information about the COncORDE project, please visit the website.
Who should participate?
The workshop is open to all practitioners in incident management and emergency health service providers.
Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens
10, Alexandras Avenue, Athens, Greece
Get directions here.
From the Athens Airport
The conference is hosted in the Radisson Blu Park Hotel located in the centre of Athens and reachable with a direct shuttle from the airport in 30 minutes.